EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE NC BOARD OF PHARMACY
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 - THE IT ADMINISTRATOR POSITION LISTED BELOW HAS BEEN FILLED. THE BOARD EXTENDS ITS THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS.
The NC Board of Pharmacy has an opening for an Information Technology Administrator.
Duties of the position and qualifications are listed below. Start date will be October 1, 2017. Please send a resume and cover letter of interest by email to Rhonda Jones, Director of Finance and Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: BS in Computer Science or four-year degree with four to five years of relevant experience.
- Oversee day-to-day technical operations of the office.
- Manage all IT-related security (i.e. anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam) on servers and desktops.
- Manage all software applications at the server and desktop levels (email, MS Office, Document Locator, NCBOP database); offer desktop assistance, support and training for hardware and software.
- Manage networking; maintain wired and wireless access to internet and LAN for Chapel Hill office staff and secure access to Chapel Hill LAN for remote users/field staff.
- Computer hardware purchasing, installation, maintenance, training and support to staff.
- Act as vendor liaison for telephone, internet, security system, and computer hardware and software.
- On-call after hours for server maintenance, telephone maintenance, and remote user support.
- Serve as chief technical liaison between Board staff and software vendor. Help staff identify areas where more automation might increase their productivity and help communicate these needs to the vendor. Work with Director of Operations and current database programmer in overseeing a smooth transition to an improved, more robust system. Maintain a working knowledge of the new system on both the licensing and investigations sides and troubleshoot as needed.
- Assist Executive Director, Director of Operations, and other departments with any special projects upon request.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2017 - THE INSPECTOR/INVESTIGATOR POSITION LISTED BELOW HAS BEEN FILLED. THE BOARD EXTENDS ITS THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016
The NC Board of Pharmacy has an opening for an entry level Inspector/Investigator. The primary duties of the position will be to conduct inspections of retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, compounding pharmacies, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) facilities. Additional duties may also include conducting investigations on pharmacists, pharmacies, pharmacy technicians and durable medical equipment facilities as assigned by the Director or Associate Director of Investigations and Inspections. The applicant must be able to review and/or audit pharmacy, healthcare and other records for proper documentation; analyze records for problems with prescriptions and other dispensing issues. The applicant must be able to compile data, compile an investigatory report and testify at Board hearings, court trials, or in other settings.
The inspections and investigations conducted by the employee deal with allegations of violations of applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations of the NC Board of Pharmacy.
Requirements for application for the inspector/investigator position require a four-year degree from an accredited college or university and one year of pharmacy and / or investigation experience; OR a two-year degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of pharmacy or investigative experience. Applicants are required to be a resident of North Carolina, have a valid NC driver’s license, and bring a certified copy of a criminal background check from their local county Clerk of Superior Court.
The available position is in Northwestern NC covering the counties of: Alleghany, Alexander, Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Graham, Haywood, Iredell, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Rowan, Stokes, Surry, Swain, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, and Yancey. It is recommended that the applicant live within the area in which they will be working.
The Board will be accepting cover letters and resumes until Friday, December 2, 2016, or until the position is filled. Applicants are to send their information by e-mail to Joshua Kohler, Director of Investigations/Inspections, at: email@example.com.