Pharmacist Renewal FAQs
- What is the cost for a Pharmacist renewal? $135, payable only by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- How do I log in? On the Licensure Gateway page, choose the PERSONAL LICENSES tab and enter in your username and password.
- I forgot my username, what do I do? Click on the FORGOT USERNAME tile and follow the prompts.
- I forgot my password, what do I do? Click on the FORGOT PASSWORD tile and follow the prompts.
- I'm logged in and I don’t see the renewal application, where is it? Once logged in, scroll down to LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES and there you will you see a tile with a banner that says to renew, click on the banner. On the next page, click on RENEW and that will take you to the renewal application.
- What are the CE requirements for Pharmacists? All Pharmacists are required to have, at minimum, a total of 15 hours to renew every year. Five (5) of those hours are required to be LIVE hours.
- Is there a grace period for renewal and earning CE? Yes. The Board allows a 60-day grace period after the December 31st deadline. During that time, you may obtain CE and renew, with no penalty.
- How do I enter my CE on the renewal? On the renewal, you will simply attest that you’ve met the requirement and then choose the type of CE that you obtained. A full list of your CE will be kept on NABP’s website, under your e-profile number (CPE monitor).
- What is this CSRS question? If you are working in a pharmacy that dispenses controlled substances, then you must be registered or have applied to be registered with the CSRS (Controlled Substance Report System).
- Who can I contact about CSRS? The CSRS is managed by the NC Department of Health and Human Services. To access the CSRS website, visit https://northcarolina.pmpaware.net. Please contact them directly if you have questions at 855-962-4767. Technical assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Should you have any policy questions in the meantime, you may contact CSRS at by email at NCCSRS@dhhs.nc.gov.
- I’m a CPP, do I have to renew my CPP license separately from my Pharmacist license? Yes. There is a tile next to your Pharmacist tile that has a banner to renew. Click on the banner, then click RENEW and it will take you to the CPP renewal application. The renewal fee is $50.
- I've finished my renewal; how do I print my certificate? After your payment has gone through, you’ll receive a CONFIRMATION PAGE. To navigate back to your main menu, click HOME. Once there, scroll down and click on the PHARMACIST tile under LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES and it will take you to a new page. Once there, click on PRINT ANNUAL CERTIFICATE.
- What happens if I don’t renew my license? Your license status will move to INACTIVE if not renewed by the March 1 deadline and you are no longer allowed to work as a pharmacist in NC.
Contact Board staff with questions.