General Renewal FAQs
- When is the renewal period? The renewal season starts on November 1st of every year and ends on December 31st of every year.
- Is there a grace period to renew? Yes, the Board allows a grace period of 60 days past the December 31st deadline. The grace period ends on March 1st of the following year.
- What does “grace period” mean? Grace period means that you may renew during that time, with no penalty.
- Do I have to do my renewal online? Yes, online renewal is mandatory.
- How do I get a receipt for the renewal? On the payment page of the renewal, an email address is required, the receipt will be emailed to the email address listed there. Additionally, a copy of the receipt is always available by logging in through the Gateway.
- Will my certificate be mailed to me? No, you are to print a copy of your certificate after you complete the online renewal.
- Do I have to print the certificate on white paper/in color? We recommend you use white paper and print in color, but it is not required.
- I don’t have a printer (or my printer is broken), can you mail me my certificate? No. It is your responsibility to print your own certificate by some means. A copy of your certificate is always available by logging in through the Gateway.
Contact Board staff with questions.